When you’re preparing to put your home on the market, the ‘to-do’ list can be daunting. While you’re busy clearing out clutter and scheduling the photographer, don’t forget about the outside of your home. The pre-listing cleanup is an expense that will pay for itself many times over.
Why is curb appeal important?
Ok, we admit, this is a silly question. First impressions are priceless, whether that’s in person or online. Think about the last time you scrolled through available homes online. How many of those cover photos are of front elevation of the house? Your home needs to be looking its best on the outside and inside.
What is a pre-listing cleanup?
A pre-listing cleanup refers to any level of improving the appearance of the exterior of your home prior to putting it on the market. While curb appeal is essential, don’t forget about the backyard. An overgrown backyard can be overwhelming for potential owners and even signal that the house is similarly poorly maintained.
Similarly, overgrown plants that reach above the windowsills can block natural light inside the home.
- At Dos Amigos, what we see most often are overgrown shrubs that are in desperate need of pruning or removal.
- In the event that we remove landscaping, we can install new, lower-maintenance plants and bring in fresh mulch.
- We can use grass seed or even install sod to help fill in some bare spots in your lawn. Looking to list next year? Consider signing up for our Turf Program.
- We can help maximize your view and let in more light by elevating tree limbs.
Go the extra mile
If you’re hoping to get top dollar for your home, these projects can tip potential buyers in your favor and easily make your investment back.
- Enhance your outdoor living experience with a patio or firepit.
- Dedicated parking spots can grab potential buyers as soon as they pull in.
- Replace cracked or uneven walkways or pool decks to improve accessibility.
Call us for a free estimate at (434) 465-0075!